London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2019 11:44 am  #1

Season Opener WIGAN away Sat 3pm 3rd August 2019

It's a trip away for the London Bluebirds to kick off the back in the Crap Premier League campaign.
I can see us going straight back up with some confidence.
I am going.
Someone pick the trains as it is NOT being televised.
Exciting times ahead. Roll call here please. We found a good pub or two last time we went to Wigan and I think we won too.

6/20/2019 1:06 pm  #2

Re: Season Opener WIGAN away Sat 3pm 3rd August 2019

Count me in for this one. Last time I was at Wigan Alan Cork was our manager and we lost 4-1 or 4-0 did find a good pub though.

6/21/2019 11:24 am  #3

I've booked 8:20 up  which has a 20 minute refreshment break at Piccadilly, which will probably be full of Man U fans travelling to Cardiff,

and 18:18 back which is direct.

6/24/2019 10:27 am  #4

Booked same trains Huw ….  in Scumbag class with you.

6/25/2019 12:47 pm  #5

What time does the London train get into Wigan and which Wigan train station? Come to think of it I am going via Manchester too what train are you getting from Manchester?

6/26/2019 1:12 pm  #6

I’m in, same trains.

Good choice Huw, you could be the travel officer for the season.

6/26/2019 1:14 pm  #7

Aidan1927 wrote:

What time does the London train get into Wigan and which Wigan train station? Come to think of it I am going via Manchester too what train are you getting from Manchester?

We are on the 10:47 from MP to WNW.

6/29/2019 11:45 am  #8

Not looking too clever for the return journey :-"Between 20 July & 4 August, Network Rail will be upgrading track and equipmentThis will take place near Acton Grange, between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay on the busy West Coast main line. Many trains will be diverted, but your journey may be impacted while the work takes place as trains will be extremely busy and journeys may be significantly extended. Please plan ahead of your journey."

7/05/2019 7:43 am  #9

Bryen1927 wrote:

Not looking too clever for the return journey :-"Between 20 July & 4 August, Network Rail will be upgrading track and equipmentThis will take place near Acton Grange, between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay on the busy West Coast main line. Many trains will be diverted, but your journey may be impacted while the work takes place as trains will be extremely busy and journeys may be significantly extended. Please plan ahead of your journey."

Ah maybe I'll pass on the delights of Wigan then?

7/05/2019 2:29 pm  #10

Warrior wrote:

Bryen1927 wrote:

Ah maybe I'll pass on the delights of Wigan then?

3 hours back, could be worse. And we'll be partaking in the sampling of the local fare*, celebrating a fine start to the season. What's not to like ?

* At least the more sophisticated among us will. The others will be on the Stella/Fruity Strongbow.

Board footera