London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2020 11:24 am  #1

Ray Lewis

As many of you will know, Ray Lewis sadly passed away at the age of 58 recently, and his funeral is next week. Ray was a keen supporter of the LB's, and it has been suggested that we donate £100 of the money we were going to put behind the bar to Maggies, the cancer support group based in Cardiff, whom his family have nominated for donations instead of flowers. Apparently Ray found going there comforting when he was having chemo, and made many friends there. I think this is a great idea, but if anyone has any objections please can they let me know, either here or by private message, as it is all of our money at the end of the day. If I receive no objections, then I will go ahead with the donation.

6/15/2020 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Ray Lewis

Good Idea Chris and it gets my vote.

I would also like to suggest we send a wreath to his funeral, maybe a simple LB in blue and white flowers.

Ray was a good friend to many and will be missed.

6/16/2020 11:49 pm  #3

Bowblue wrote:

Good Idea Chris and it gets my vote.

I would also like to suggest we send a wreath to his funeral, maybe a simple LB in blue and white flowers.

Ray was a good friend to many and will be missed.

Family are requesting no flowers but a donation to Maggie's so no need for a wreath!

Funeral is a week Thursday and although only immediate family can attend I plan to line route to cemetery as family suggest this is how people can show their respect. I don't live in London anymore so relatively easy for me but is anyone else thinking of going?

6/24/2020 1:46 pm  #4

The General has transferred £100 to Maggies - he has sent me the confirmation so if anyone would like to see it then please let me know. I think it was Steve Kendrick who originally suggested this - well done Kendo, great idea!

We have closed the LB account and the Gen has the remaining balance of £180. Once football with spectators has recommenced we can agree a game to put this money behind the bar beforehand, provided we can find a bar big enough to accommodate us all with self-distancing!!! Interesting times ahead....

6/28/2020 12:01 pm  #5

Morning all !
My idea originally but I wasn't able to post on this new computer.
Glyn.

Board footera