London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2019 10:10 am  #1

Money

As the London Bluebirds "elders" will remember, when we split from the 1927 Club we received half the money from the 27 Club account - approx. £380. We set up a Bank Account, with the signatories myself and the General (as Treasurer). Since then, we have spent some of the money on changing the lettering on the Thames Valley Bluebirds flag to "London Bluebirds" and paying the bus fares from the Pub to Ground at Reading a few season ago. We are left with about £200-£250 (I have asked the General to check the balance - Gen, can you post it on this thread please?). 
I think it is time to consider what to do with the rest of the money. If we leave it in the account I think there is a danger that it will eventually be forgotten!! Ultimately, I think it is up to the Committee (Myself, The Gen, Glyn, Jo, Shandy and Tom, although I think Tom has moved and I don't think uses this Board anymore) to decide, but as it is money belonging to all the London Bluebirds, I would welcome suggestions from anyone currently using this board.
Possible suggestions are to give it to Charity (if so, which one?), use it to subsidise train travel to a game, pay for drinks before a game in London, or maybe a combination of all of these. Maybe people think we should keep it for now, to be used for a "rainy day?"
Please post your comments here and then we can decide what to do.

10/19/2019 6:28 pm  #2

Re: Money

I think we should do something with it as we are not a subscription club so have no need of a bank account to pay membership fees into.
I sometimes get comments that this message board is fairly basic ( it  was set up by Tom for us several years back) so maybe we need to look at an upgrade to a new one  but I have no idea of the cost of doing that.
Otherwise all of the suggestions Chris has made are feasible.

Last edited by glynthomas (10/19/2019 6:29 pm)

10/22/2019 11:49 am  #3

I think it should be used for food and drinks before an away game in London or close to.

It could be;

Charlton 23 Nov 12:30 (probably to early)

Brentford Wed 11 Dec (May be difficult for some)

QPR NYD (If it stays at 3pm maybe favourite)

Luton 8 Feb (They call there airport London)

Fulham Tue 14 Apr (Season maybe over by then)

10/23/2019 5:25 pm  #4

Good analysis Bow.

Probably one of these is the best fit to involve the most people.

Fat Cat may be back from Japan by then too,

10/25/2019 2:31 pm  #5

Bowblue wrote:

I think it should be used for food and drinks before an away game in London or close to.

It could be;

Charlton 23 Nov 12:30 (probably to early)

Brentford Wed 11 Dec (May be difficult for some)

QPR NYD (If it stays at 3pm maybe favourite)

Luton 8 Feb (They call there airport London)

Fulham Tue 14 Apr (Season maybe over by then)

I vote for this option, but think having Luton on the list is stretching the definition of 'London'.

11/28/2019 2:08 pm  #6

This thread has been live for a while now and has produced an exiting and vibrant debate. 😁 The clear winner is to put the money toward drinks before a game. Things don’t tend to move too quickly, so I wouldn’t hold my breath about the money being available for a while, so how about we go for the Fulham game? Post thoughts including any objections here! I may even attend myself on the promise of a free beer!!

11/28/2019 6:39 pm  #7

Good idea, Chris. I agree. Where have you been, anyway? You've missed some scintillating football.

11/28/2019 6:46 pm  #8

I'll go with Fulham too.

2/06/2020 10:23 am  #9

I have asked the General to take the appropriate action to make the money available to buy drinks pre match at Fulham. I will not be able to go so will leave it to him to make the necessary arrangements.

2/06/2020 6:41 pm  #10

Chris O wrote:

I have asked the General to take the appropriate action to make the money available to buy drinks pre match at Fulham. I will not be able to go so will leave it to him to make the necessary arrangements.

OK Chris back from France today.

Tell General I will be happy to give him any support he needs especially if he has
his dad in tow if that helps.

Board footera