London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2016 10:00 am  #1

Ipswich Away Sat 10th Dec

I've booked the following trains;

Liverpool St 10:00 - 11:07 Ipswich

Ipswich 17:09 - 18:19 Liverpool St

Bought First tickets £30 at present, £20 for old gits.

Plan is to head into the town, away from the pub near the station.

11/08/2016 5:59 pm  #2

Re: Ipswich Away Sat 10th Dec

rossbloom49 wrote:

Given that we arrive almost 4 hours before the game (plenty of time therefore) and that this is our last away fixture before Christmas; shall we make time to have a London Bluebirds Festive Xmas lunch (similar to our meal last year at Birmingham). Any support for this?

Sounds like a good idea Ross but would mean a very early start from Wurzleland for me. I shall look into it mates.

11/08/2016 6:16 pm  #3

Good idea Ross, count me In. 😀🍴🍷

11/08/2016 8:50 pm  #4

My flights are booked for this one. Will get train sorted tomorrow.
See you all at Villa when I am back from Marrakech.

11/12/2016 3:01 pm  #5

I have always wanted to sort out a match that our funds could contribute to - happy to partly refund travel costs, etc but had in mind a home game where we could get advance fares from Padd or Reading.
Happy to consider an away game though - just a case of picking the right one so we all could benefit from each others company.......!!!!!! Anyway not going to Ipswich - ticket prices have already put me off!!!!!!  ;-)The General

11/13/2016 12:29 pm  #6

TheGeneral wrote:

I have always wanted to sort out a match that our funds could contribute to - happy to partly refund travel costs, etc but had in mind a home game where we could get advance fares from Padd or Reading.
Happy to consider an away game though - just a case of picking the right one so we all could benefit from each others company.......!!!!!! Anyway not going to Ipswich - ticket prices have already put me off!!!!!!  ;-)The General

Hi Gen

Agree that we have this money sitting in the bank account and we should do something with it.

Can you provide an update as to how much is there? From memory, we used some to change the lettering on the Thames Valley Bluebirds flag to London Bluebirds, and pay for the bus from the pub to Reading's ground for all our members there a couple of seasons ago.

Once we know how much is there I propose a debate on this forum about what we should do with the money, with the final decision by the Committee although I think they should and will respect the majority's wishes, to prevent any High Court challenges etc!

I trhink we could then close the bank account as it feels pointless as we don't charge membership fees etc.

My view is that rather than subside travel to a game which will only benefit the people going to that individual game we should consider giving at least some of the money to chvarity - maybe one affiliated with Cardiff City. But let's see what everybody else thinks.

11/14/2016 5:10 pm  #7

AlwaysBlueAway wrote:

My flights are booked for this one. Will get train sorted tomorrow.
See you all at Villa when I am back from Marrakech.

Nick you  seem to be there more often than Crosby , Stills and Nash mate. Fit bird is she ?

11/14/2016 5:14 pm  #8

Chris O wrote:

TheGeneral wrote:

Hi Gen

Agree that we have this money sitting in the bank account and we should do something with it.

Can you provide an update as to how much is there? From memory, we used some to change the lettering on the Thames Valley Bluebirds flag to London Bluebirds, and pay for the bus from the pub to Reading's ground for all our members there a couple of seasons ago.

Once we know how much is there I propose a debate on this forum about what we should do with the money, with the final decision by the Committee although I think they should and will respect the majority's wishes, to prevent any High Court challenges etc!

I trhink we could then close the bank account as it feels pointless as we don't charge membership fees etc.

My view is that rather than subside travel to a game which will only benefit the people going to that individual game we should consider giving at least some of the money to chvarity - maybe one affiliated with Cardiff City. But let's see what everybody else thinks.

Yes we need a debate amongst us as to how to spend the money.

I wonder what the 1927 ( imposters ) Club did with their share ? Subsidised a trip to Maidstone Utd ?

11/14/2016 8:13 pm  #9

rossbloom49 wrote:

Given that we arrive almost 4 hours before the game (plenty of time therefore) and that this is our last away fixture before Christmas; shall we make time to have a London Bluebirds Festive Xmas lunch (similar to our meal last year at Birmingham). Any support for this?

My opinion for what's it worth, is that any monies should go towards this lunch. It's four weeks away, so people have time to plan.

From experience Italian is always popular, so let's book one and have a good lunch. 🍴🍷🇮🇹.

11/15/2016 11:48 pm  #10

I support the lunch idea and Italian.
Pinot Grigio all round.
Then 3 points courtesy of Mrs Warnock.

Board footera