London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2016 10:43 am  #21

Re: Reading Away

Bowblue wrote:

Chris O wrote:

Ramsgate Blue wrote:

I am booked on 11.06 out of Paddington gets to Reading 11.30.

Neil - if all runs to time you should be at the pub by around 11.45, even if you walk from station. I will get there for when it opens at 12. As per my previous post, Baron Cadogan (W/spoons) will be open by the time you arrive and only a couple of minutes walk from the Fox & Hounds - I THINK you may have gone there last year (or was that Paul C)?

That was me Chris, can't make this one.

Hope you all have a good day.👍

Cheers Paul - didn't they try to give you a plastic glass?! Shame you can't make it - hopefully see you soon!

3/16/2016 10:44 am  #22

glynthomas wrote:

Cennydd wrote:

I'll be at this one too – ticket booked.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Are you driving or taking the train from Swindon Glyn? The pub has a small car park but if that is full there is a Waitrose a couple of hundred years away where you can park for a couple of hours...

3/16/2016 10:45 am  #23

Cennydd wrote:

Not sure I have met you? - are you joining us in the Pub?

3/16/2016 1:15 pm  #24

Chris O wrote:

Bowblue wrote:

Chris O wrote:

Neil - if all runs to time you should be at the pub by around 11.45, even if you walk from station. I will get there for when it opens at 12. As per my previous post, Baron Cadogan (W/spoons) will be open by the time you arrive and only a couple of minutes walk from the Fox & Hounds - I THINK you may have gone there last year (or was that Paul C)?

Cheers Paul - didn't they try to give you a plastic glass?! Shame you can't make it - hopefully see you soon!

The plastic glass episode was in the pub next to Reading station, the Baron Cadogan served in a glass, and very nice it was.

3/16/2016 2:43 pm  #25

Bowblue wrote:

Chris O wrote:

Bowblue wrote:

The plastic glass episode was in the pub next to Reading station, the Baron Cadogan served in a glass, and very nice it was.

Ah - I remember now - here's a lesson for everyone - avoid the station pub (3 Guineas) unless you enjoy drinking out of plastic glasses!

3/16/2016 5:26 pm  #26

Chris O wrote:

glynthomas wrote:

Cennydd wrote:

Are you driving or taking the train from Swindon Glyn? The pub has a small car park but if that is full there is a Waitrose a couple of hundred years away where you can park for a couple of hours...

Hoping to get the train BUT Mrs Glyn has been unwell since returning from India so may end up driving.
Last year I followed the bus to the ground which worked out ok.
Women eeh ? You can't live with them and you can't live without them.

3/16/2016 10:13 pm  #27

Chris O wrote:

Cennydd wrote:

Yes, I'll be there, probably 12:15ish. Possible I've met a couple of folks off here via Nick W, but I've a memory like a sieve.

3/16/2016 11:30 pm  #28

See you there Ken I'm Nick

3/17/2016 10:38 am  #29

glynthomas wrote:

Chris O wrote:

glynthomas wrote:

Hoping to get the train BUT Mrs Glyn has been unwell since returning from India so may end up driving.
Last year I followed the bus to the ground which worked out ok.
Women eeh ? You can't live with them and you can't live without them.

Ok - see you on Sat, hopefully with a drink in your hand!

3/17/2016 10:38 am  #30

Cennydd wrote:

Chris O wrote:

Cennydd wrote:

Yes, I'll be there, probably 12:15ish. Possible I've met a couple of folks off here via Nick W, but I've a memory like a sieve.

Look forward to meeting you on Saturday - I will be in the Pub by 12!

Board footera