London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2016 2:57 pm  #11

Re: Reading Away

Ticket arrived ,what time trains are people on out of Lundun ?

3/09/2016 7:04 pm  #12

Around 11 for me Ramsgate. I will let you know when i decide...got open return

3/10/2016 9:30 am  #13

OK Butt, will meet you and Andy then.

3/10/2016 11:34 am  #14

With apologies for the late posting, here is the details of the pre match Pub - planning on using the same Pub as last year for the Reading game – it’s the Fox and Hounds in Caversham:

http://foxandhoundscaversham.co.uk/

It has just won the CAMRA pub of the year for Reading and mid Berkshire (for the second year running).

They run a bus from there to the stadium at 2.15, returning after the game, via the train station. Cost of a round trip is £4. It’s a 52 seater, and there were plenty of seats for all last year. They are fine with away supporters using the bus, and children are welcome in the pub. There will be no food served on the day, but they are happy for people to bring their own food in, and there is a chip shop and Waitrose both within a minute’s walk.

Directions:

Walking is probably just over 10 minutes. A taxi would take 5 minutes and cost about £6.

To walk:

This is a slightly different route to last year as a new pedestrian bridge has opened over the Thames.

Take the rear (new) exit from Reading station, signposted North Reading/Caversham.(There is a taxi rank here if you are planning on taking a taxi)
Walk to the dual carriageway, and cross over straight away at the pedestrian lights (you will be heading directly towards Sovereign House).
Once you have crossed the road, straight ahead is a little service road between Sovereign House and the Covea building (I think it is called Norman Place). Take this and you will come to the river in about a minute.
Turn to your left and cross the rather splendid new pedestrian bridge.
Once you have crossed the bridge, the path splits three ways – take the path straight on, walking away from the river, heading for a rectangular blue bin (!) about 300 yards ahead. Once you have passed the bin, you will pass a football pitch and then emerge onto a road. Turn left and the pub is shortly on your left.

Any problems on the day call me on 07834 943 910.

The Pub doesn’t open until 12, so if you get there before then and fancy a swift half the Baron Cadogan opens early. To get there, just walk past the Fox & Hounds until you come to a mini roundabout (about a minute or so’s walk). Turn right and the Baron Cadogan is on your left in half a minute. Link is here:

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/berkshire/the-baron-cadogan-caversham

Look forward to seeing you all on the day!

3/14/2016 1:43 pm  #15

Thanks Chris. Looking forward to the new bridge (seriously, I like a bit of infrastructure!) See you there.

3/15/2016 2:30 pm  #16

I am booked on 11.06 out of Paddington gets to Reading 11.30.

3/15/2016 3:41 pm  #17

jomurray wrote:

Thanks Chris. Looking forward to the new bridge (seriously, I like a bit of infrastructure!) See you there.

Let's hope the bridge isn't the highlight of your day!!!

3/15/2016 3:44 pm  #18

Ramsgate Blue wrote:

Neil - if all runs to time you should be at the pub by around 11.45, even if you walk from station. I will get there for when it opens at 12. As per my previous post, Baron Cadogan (W/spoons) will be open by the time you arrive and only a couple of minutes walk from the Fox & Hounds - I THINK you may have gone there last year (or was that Paul C)?

3/15/2016 8:02 pm  #19

Chris O wrote:

Ramsgate Blue wrote:

Neil - if all runs to time you should be at the pub by around 11.45, even if you walk from station. I will get there for when it opens at 12. As per my previous post, Baron Cadogan (W/spoons) will be open by the time you arrive and only a couple of minutes walk from the Fox & Hounds - I THINK you may have gone there last year (or was that Paul C)?

That was me Chris, can't make this one.

Hope you all have a good day.👍

3/15/2016 11:17 pm  #20

Cennydd wrote:

I'll be at this one too – ticket booked.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Board footera