London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2018 5:45 pm  #1

making contact

.. seeing that a new contact was 'Carshalton Bluebird' and living next door in central Sutton I wanted to try to make contact but find I can't send a private message because I haven't posted enough so is this a start?

1/15/2018 8:42 pm  #2

Re: making contact

Sutton I'll look into that for you.

In the meantime see what happens if you post a few more.

1/16/2018 4:25 pm  #3

Well, here's another post wondering about making contact with a supporter living in the same London borough as I do - so this is not about tonight's Cup replay - and part of me won't be too upset if we don't win that since I have already bought train tickets to go down from Paddington for the Bolton game on the 27th and that will be off if we're playing Man.City on Sunday 28th for TV .. the downside of games bought by TV, especially by SKY, is that more often than not, kick-off times are changed, sometimes even the day, so season ticket holders like me living in London have added expense if we've tried to get best train ticket prices by booking early!

1/16/2018 5:39 pm  #4

A number of regulars would endorse your comments about changes to days/times for fixtures.

As you were able to PM me have a go at PMing Carsharlton mate.

1/17/2018 9:20 pm  #5

Thanks Rossbloom49 - I had heard of the way of cutting train ticket costs by collecting a number of short distance tickets but this is the first time I've been told about a website and I'll certainly try it .. but I've already checked out cost of some GWR tickets for future matches in their "sale" and switched to booking coach tickets for the Middlesborough, Bristol, and Birmingham games.  But in future I'll certainly look at your trainsplit website so thanks for that!

1/18/2018 11:11 am  #6

I use the site Ross suggested too and it is really helpful - once I think I had about 16 tickets for a return journey to Cardiff but it saved me a lot of money !!!

Oh and by the way I totally agree with you about the nightmare of changed kick off times!!

2/06/2018 11:02 pm  #7

Good evening Sutton Bluebird. Good to see anoher Bluebirs nearby. Just wondering where people are drinking before the Millwall game? Travelling up from Carshalton and didn’t know whether it was safer to drink in the Hope and then catch the train or have a beer at London Bridge

2/07/2018 12:05 am  #8

Check out the link in the Travel section - we are meeting in the Woolpack near London Bridge - I should be there around 5. If you don’t know me then give me a call when you get there - my number is 07722 476130. Cheers!

2/07/2018 8:34 pm  #9

Just trying to reply to Sutton Bluebird but it seems I have to make 3posts until I can reply to a message. Looking forward to the game on Friday but was wondering where City fans may grab a pint before the game? London Bridge seems the popular option.

2/08/2018 12:50 am  #10

To Carshalton Bluebird - yes, I know - I had the same problem ..  but was helped sort it out .. sadly this opportunity to actually meet up won't work for me this weekend since I'm out of the country for the Millwall game, but I hope that we will get together at some time, either here in London - Brentford early March? - or in 'The Hope' or on the way to, or in, Cardiff for a game .. but I'm sure if you get to the meeting place for London Bluebirds on Friday you'll enjoy it!

Board footera