London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2017 2:13 pm  #1

1927 Club - on Annis Abraham's message board 6 Sept 2017

Someone is trying to start off the old format again!

9/06/2017 4:44 pm  #2

Re: 1927 Club - on Annis Abraham's message board 6 Sept 2017

What does that mean Ross ?

Who is the someone ?

Could you post a link as I'm banned from the Annis site.

Last edited by glynthomas (9/06/2017 4:45 pm)

9/06/2017 5:02 pm  #3

Afternoon All,

Within the past few months, I've created what I hope to be a revival of what formerly was the 1927 Club, City's London based supporters club. Unfortunately, for some reason, I believe the club disbanded and hasn't resurfaced. I've set up a twitter user called LDNBluebirds to hopefully bring back some old friends and create a London based community for fans that have come down here for work, Uni, family etc.

Intentions of the page is to connect fans supporting Wales and obviously City, to travel to home and away games (especially London based ones), playing football and supporting London based, Welsh businesses.

"Our" first intended meet is for Saturday's game vs Fulham, meeting some London based City fans in The Rocket (Wetherspoons on Fulham High St). It would be good to get in contact with anyone who's interested in the page and to obviously have a pint with them on the weekend, best way to contact is through the aforementioned Twitter handle.

If you're keen, get in contact!Afternoon All,

Within the past few months, I've created what I hope to be a revival of what formerly was the 1927 Club, City's London based supporters club. Unfortunately, for some reason, I believe the club disbanded and hasn't resurfaced. I've set up a twitter user called LDNBluebirds to hopefully bring back some old friends and create a London based community for fans that have come down here for work, Uni, family etc.

Intentions of the page is to connect fans supporting Wales and obviously City, to travel to home and away games (especially London based ones), playing football and supporting London based, Welsh businesses.

"Our" first intended meet is for Saturday's game vs Fulham, meeting some London based City fans in The Rocket (Wetherspoons on Fulham High St). It would be good to get in contact with anyone who's interested in the page and to obviously have a pint with them on the weekend, best way to contact is through the aforementioned Twitter handle.

If you're keen, get in contact!

9/06/2017 5:04 pm  #4

I don't know why this copied multiple times  - that wasn't my intention!

9/06/2017 5:07 pm  #5

Managed to read this on the Dark side.

I don't have a clue who the person who posted this is but is clearly unaware
that London Bluebirds has existed since the great split. I'm a bit annoyed about
the picture that was used as it's from the day I went to Tonypandy to get the flag
back !

I can't imagine Matt et al will be happy with this either.

Last edited by glynthomas (9/07/2017 11:22 am)

9/06/2017 5:42 pm  #6

Do you think we ought to tell them there is already a London branch called the London Bluebirds or just let them get on with it? I am guessing from the thread that they may be younger fans only recently moved to London who don't know about us plus some living outside London who plan to join up with them.
We could end up with an old 1927 club a new 1927 club and the London Bluebirds. I expect there is going to be a lot more interest if we continue to do well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in The Bricklayers Saturday.

9/06/2017 6:11 pm  #7

Aidan1927 wrote:

Do you think we ought to tell them there is already a London branch called the London Bluebirds or just let them get on with it? I am guessing from the thread that they may be younger fans only recently moved to London who don't know about us plus some living outside London who plan to join up with them.
We could end up with an old 1927 club a new 1927 club and the London Bluebirds. I expect there is going to be a lot more interest if we continue to do well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in The Bricklayers Saturday.

I think someone who is allowed to post on AAMB should point this out.
I'd do it myself but got banned and they won't let me back.

9/06/2017 9:18 pm  #8

I am happy to post on Annis's site but am away until Monday night so will do so on Tuesday.

i can direct people to this forum, which they can easily find via Google anyway.

OK Chris , all done.

Last edited by glynthomas (9/07/2017 11:23 am)

9/12/2017 10:58 am  #9

Just added this to Annis's site - let's see if we have some new people registering as a result!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187850&p=1938759#p1938759

9/12/2017 12:52 pm  #10

That's fine Chris.

We have one already and I made a similar post on Mike Morris 's too.

Board footera