London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2016 1:41 pm  #1

All change at the Cardiff City Circus.

On Wednesday, 18th May 2016, Paul Trollope was announced as Head Coach of Cardiff City Football Club, overseeing all first team affairs , with Russell Slade being moved upstairs. His first press conference began :- “It’s a very proud moment," began Paul. "I’m honoured and delighted to have been given this opportunity and it’s one I’m very much looking forward to getting my teeth into, and getting cracking with straight away.

“We’ve worked here for fifteen, sixteen months and have built up good relationships with the players and the staff. We know the Club inside out now so, coming into this role, it certainly gives me an advantage. Hopefully that will be beneficial for moving forward and bringing us the success that we look for.

“Of course, everyone’s got their own personal philosophies on how they want the game to be played. We’ll certainly look at the squad and people we can bring in to add to a good group of players. We’ll then decide the best way to play and the best formation. Hopefully we’ll add some flexibility in, that means we find a good solution to winning games.”

5/18/2016 4:29 pm  #2

Re: All change at the Cardiff City Circus.

rossbloom49 wrote:

The final of the Euros is on 10 July with the tournament starting 11 June. We'd better hope that Wales are out by 20 June after the Russia game (well before 10 July) otherwise Trollope won't be available to do a full pre-season given:
1. His current Wales role
2. The fact that we all care far more about Cardiff City than we do the national side.  

I should get a tin hat after posting point 2 Ross.

Nothing to worry about even if  Wales go all the way to the final as Russell Slade is there to mind the shop

5/18/2016 10:19 pm  #3

Re: All change at the Cardiff City Circus.

I think at this moment in time it has to be " Come on Wales. "

" Come on City " can take a back seat until July ( for me anyway ).

Board footera