London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2021 7:20 pm  #1

RIP Nick Walker aka Always Away

Dear members it is with a  heavy heart that tonight I have to pass on some very sad news.

Our dear friend and fervent Cardiff City and Wales supporter  , Nick Walker , passed away last Saturday.

He had been hospitalised on Jersey for five weeks with COVID but had come home last week. Sadly he had a relapse and despite being rushed back to hospital the medical team were unable to save him.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Lesley and Nick's son at this difficult time.

Nick was a real character and we will all remember him for his sense of fun and generosity on so many trips with Cardiff City and Wales.

The funeral will be held on Jersey on Thursday 6th of January 2022. Further details to follow.

God Bless Nick.

12/22/2021 4:20 pm  #2

Re: RIP Nick Walker aka Always Away

What a sad loss. Who will be our 5mph power-talk pacesetter on the way back to the station now? Nick was a good friend to us all, and I’ll really miss him.

12/22/2021 5:37 pm  #3

Just heard
Devastating news. Nick, you'll always be remembered.

Marc

12/22/2021 7:48 pm  #4

Awful news. He was a great guy and we're really going to miss his lively conversation on our trips up and down the country with City. Deeply sad to know the few beers and words we had with him at the Fulham game was his last with us 😢

12/23/2021 3:21 pm  #5

Just heard, terrible news. Always enjoyed seeing him at games he was great company as we all know. Will be badly missed bus all.

12/28/2021 6:48 pm  #6

By the way I'm getting the London Bluebirds Flag from Fat Cat on Thursday at Bournemouth.

If anyone is going to Nick's funeral perhaps I could pass it on to you to take along and maybe drape it over
his coffin.. Let me know.

Last edited by Admin (12/28/2021 6:49 pm)

1/05/2022 6:47 pm  #7

I shall be thinking of Nick tomorrow and raising a glass or two.

Bowblue do you know what time the funeral is happening ?

1/05/2022 8:23 pm  #8

Admin wrote:

I shall be thinking of Nick tomorrow and raising a glass or two.

Bowblue do you know what time the funeral is happening ?

Crematorium Chapel at 2:30, the Funeral directors are De Gruchy’s. Tel No: 01534 499444.

I’ve just thought, they may have a video link.

I just called them and they asked me to call back tomorrow.

If there’s a link I’ll post here.

1/06/2022 10:49 am  #9

No streaming available.

1/06/2022 6:38 pm  #10

Well then London Bluebirds Nick Walker has been cremated a sad day for us all.

A date his memory  will always share with an event which happened 20 years ago to this very day.

January 6th 2002 Cardiff City 2  -  Leeds United 1 possibly the greatest day at Ninian Park in the  modern era. Nick loved that day.

By now he'll have bought his first heavenly round in his inimitable style and he'll be sat recounting tales of away days with City and Wales.
God Bless Nick.
We won't ever forget you , Fly High Bluebird.

Last edited by Admin (1/06/2022 7:35 pm)

Board footera