London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2017 3:12 pm  #1

Wolves away Saturday 19th August.

Will definitely be doing this my most local fixture. Presumably we will go to the same pub The Posada sit at the same table and talk to the same Wolves fan who was hit over the head and stabbed by a nutter as on the last two vists. it will be like deja vu all over again.

6/22/2017 7:05 pm  #2

Re: Wolves away Saturday 19th August.

He is known to some of us as Atomic Floyd after the brand of in ear headphones he uses!
He will be standing in the same position at the end of the bar pint in hand.
I quite like him actually he is a dedicated fan that just chose a poor team!

7/03/2017 1:27 pm  #3

I've booked the following trains;

09:43 Euston - Wolverhampton 11:37

17:45 Wolverhampton - Euston 19:32

Hope to see a few of you.

This will be my first game of the season 😀

7/04/2017 8:11 pm  #4

Although i don't usually do football until cricket is over I'll be at Edgbaston the day before so am coming too. Get into Wolverhampton at 11.40 and returning on same train as Bowblue.
What's the pub again - that one that only welcomes home supporters ?!

7/04/2017 9:57 pm  #5

I'm not bothering with this one you fuckers.

7/06/2017 1:27 pm  #6

Dave the pub is called The Posada. It is straight up the road from the station in Litchfield street. About six or seven minutes walk from the station and not too far from the ground. All the pubs in the centre of Wolverhampton seem to be home pubs but there never been any problems getting into the Posada, perhaps best not to wear obvious colours.

7/08/2017 2:54 pm  #7

They let us in and stay because we are mostly old gits and they only realise we are Cardiff when we sit down. If Ramsgate keeps quiet while we order mind.

7/20/2017 1:17 am  #8

Tickets now on sale.

Best to buy as early as you can, or you may miss out.

I think I might try a different / better pub pre match, I'll post details nearer the game.

7/20/2017 10:21 am  #9

Got my ticket. Not sure about better pub The Posada was pretty good central for the station and ground, good beers too. Most of the pubs in the centre of Wolverhampton are home pubs be interested to see what you come up with.

7/21/2017 11:46 am  #10

Aidan1927 wrote:

Got my ticket. Not sure about better pub The Posada was pretty good central for the station and ground, good beers too. Most of the pubs in the centre of Wolverhampton are home pubs be interested to see what you come up with.

Hi Aidan, the pub I was thinking about is the Great Western. I've been meaning to try this for a couple of years but have enjoyed the Posada.

The Great Western is the other side of the station so a longer walk to the ground.

I've added a couple of reviews;

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/28/28206/Great_Western/Wolverhampton

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190762-d2073642-Reviews-Great_Western_Pub-Wolverhampton_West_Midlands_England.html

Board footera