London Bluebirds Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2014 11:23 am  #1

Facebook

As some of you are aware, last night I set up a London Bluebirds Facebook page.

I have set this up for 2 reasons:

I am given to understand that social media is popular with the youth ot today, and thought this MAY be a useful way to generate interest from potential new members.

There may be occasions where we want to keep any discussion private, and this would be a good forum to do so.

If there is anybody who uses this board and would like to be in the LB Facebook Group and hasn't been invited (Ross B, Paul C, Neil R - I couldn't find you on Fbook - not sure if you are on there?) then please send me an invite on Fbook and I will accept and then add you to the LB group. We have to be a little careful who we accept on there as I don't THINK I can delete someone once they are in the Group - they would have to delete themselves. So, in the event that a troll gets on the group, I think we would be stuck with them!

I plan to take a photo of us at a game when we hve a strong turnout (shame I didnnt think of this before Fulham!) that we can use as our home page photo, but for now I have put a photo of Phil Dwyer with some handsome chap (!!). Will obviously give pre warning when I bring my camera along so we all can have hair cuts, wear our best make up and maybe City shirts (?!).

If this is a success, it may mean there will be no need to develop a website, which I think may be prohibitively expensive bearing in mind the funds available.

At some point, I think it would be good for the Committee to discuss possible uses of the fund, maybe before or after the next London game?

9/11/2014 1:47 pm  #2

Re: Facebook

Well done Chris.

Good step in the right direction.

Board footera